Sunday, September 10, 2006

my 1st post

Sept. 10th 2006,

So, I figured it was about time that I set my own blog up so that anyone who wants to find out what is up with me while I'm studying in Scotland can do so. It's been a crazy first 3 weeks here, and if you haven't heard about it let me know and I can try to fill you in on the details at a later date.

Tomorrow is Monday of our 4th week and I'm starting to get settled in the routine of things. It's alot of work, but it's been a lot of fun. Class starts every day at 9am and usually runs until about 3pm and then I have to come home and start on reading or working on something or other. The city of Glasgow is great, never mind the stories of gangs fighting with samurai swords and stuff, and I'm loving living in the center of the city. I have been trying to make good use of my time on the weekends and see part of Scotland. This past weekend I went to Edinburgh...

Edinburgh was spectacular! We left Glasgow at 8:30 am and it's only a 50 minute train ride. We got off the train and were literally right beside the Royal Mile which is one long cobble stone street with everything we wanted to see on it. We saw St. Giles' Cathedral ( built in 1120), Edinburgh Castle, The Scotch Heritage Museum, and a tour of city at night including some of the areas of town that are haunted. At the end of the day we all got back on the train and headed home and were back in Glasgow by 11:30 pm. It made for a long day, but a super way to spend a Saturday. I'll try to post some of the photos so you can all have a look.

Otherwise, life is pretty good. I'm going to try and keep this updated pretty regularly so stay tuned.

Take care from Scotland!

Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home