Monday, September 11, 2006

Longest day ever!!

So, today was monday. Not my favorite day of the week, but an important one. Class started at 9am with our Educational Studies class. Now before anyone gets the wise idea that this class is a little on the dull side I want to say this...it is. However, today they shortened the class to an hour due to technical difficulties and the fact that they were trying to put 500 of us is a hall suitable for 300. The math was not on their side. As a result the class was full, and we got to leave early.

I then had a tutorial group for the same subject, which was equally shortened...thank goodness. It's more than a little awkward sitting in a class with 35 of my "closest" friends and being pushed and prodded to generate some intellectual statement. No...it was dull...but such is life.

After the tutorial we all had to prepare for our Religious and Moral Education seminar. Yes, that's right folks, the public education system in Scotland teaches religion...don't ask me why...they just do. I had to print of my assignment, track down some additional material, and largely just make it appear as if I was fully prepared for this. We had a lecture at 3pm...the tutorial at 4pm...and I climbed on the bus and headed for home by 5pm. Basically, it left me pooped.

This evening some of the boys were heading over to the athletics complex to play a little squash. I figured I may as well try my hand at the sport, despite the fact that I have planned all of two previous times. We played for a little over an hour and I actually fared ok. I think I even won a couple of games!

The big news of the day was that ticket for the Scotland vs. France Euro qualifying match will go on sale on Friday. The game isn't until the 7th of October (Thanksgiving weekend for all you folk back home) and should sell out in a hurry. We went to the game against the Faroe Islands in early September and it was amazing so we figured we might try our hand at a bigger match. Wish me luck getting the tickets. Here are a few photos from the match against the Faroe Islands.

Anyway, that's about it for tonight...feel free to write me with your comments or if there is anything you can think of that I should try and see, let me know.

Take care from Scotland,

Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home