Thursday, September 14, 2006

Chuck Norris doesn't go hunting.... CHUCK NORRIS GOES KILLING

So, I've discovered the amazing Chuck Norris. The man is brilliant! Seriously...check out this website: http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/ You'll love it!

Anyway, I was back in placement today and I loved it. I met my new class ( they had been away last week) and they are nice kids. There are 25 of them and they are about 11 and 12 years old and seem to be well behaved. However, I am clearly an oddity and all the kids want to ask me about Canada. Apparently, this class had pen pals in Canada and so they were asking me if I knew Justin, or Claire, or Mike in Toronto. Now, if they were adults, the response would be simple, but how do you tell a 12 year old that they are retarded and need to learn some geography. I simply replied ' No...I'm sorry...I'm from Ottawa'. That seemed to do, but I'll clearly need to do a geography lesson with them all. Otherwise, tomorrow we're baking cakes. Yup, tomorrow me and the regular male teacher are baking cakes...it'll be a disaster...I'm sure of it.

The weather here is nuts and I've discovered a new odour here in town. It rained all day...and will again tomorrow...and they are calling for tornadoes...but it's cold! Like 14 degrees all day long! It's nuts. To make matters better, the center of the city stinks if the wind is blowing right. Apparently distilleries blow off some terrible odours...like I mean imagine a garbage dumpster, left in the sun for 3 weeks and is full of mold and grossness. Now open the lid...and that's what the city center smells like some days...like today...it was a little gross.

We don't get much Canadian news here, but the shooting in Montreal did the trick. Front page billing in every paper in the city...that's big news. However, let's not get carried away because by dinner time tonight Tony Blair's successor story took precedence, as did the the news report on the fact that Scottish people are overweight, drinkers, with bad smoking habits...priceless AND classy.

Anyway, I'll leave you with some photos of the school I'm helping out at so that you can see where I go for placement. The school is really nice and in a posh neighbourhood...so dig it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home