Saturday, October 28, 2006

Gnarls Barkley and the week that was

Well, another week has come and gone and with it a whole new set of stories. First and foremost, the big news is that I started my block placement today and will now be at my school for almost 6 full weeks. It’ll be a lot of fun, but hard work. Otherwise, the rest of my week has been dull as we’ve tidied up loose ends at the university. The lectures were quite dull with only a few bright spots, but then I knew it wouldn’t be thrilling…it becomes a matter of bearing down and just doing it so I can get on with becoming a teacher.

It was interesting around here this week. As the weeks have progressed people have become progressively more stressed and this week has been borderline mental. People have freaked out all over the building for no real reason. Others have started to cry. Yet others have gone and drowned their sorrows at the pub. Some, such as myself, have resorted to heading to the gym almost nightly. Everyone seems to have their own coping method. I just hope mine holds up under the extra workload.

This weekend is busy. I will spend most of my weekend working on my planning and various lessons. I have another trip to Fife on Saturday night, and a trip to North Ayr on Sunday. Needless to say, my weekend is pretty booked with many chances for fun. However, there is one exception.

Steve had two tickets to go and see Gnarls Barkley perform at a nearby club and I agreed to go. I admit, I like some of Gnarls Barkley’s music, but I would hardly call myself a huge fan. We got to the show at about 7:30pm, and the opening act hit the stage at 8pm. They were a local band called the 747’s and were terrible. Think Beatles meet Nickelback…gone wrong. They really didn’t do much for the crowd. However, at 9pm, when Gnarls Barkley and his ‘G- birds’ hit the stage they lit it up. The show was amazing. His band was 12 people, all decked out like 1950’s greasers and girls in poodle skirts. There was a four piece electric strings group with 3 violins and a cello. And with every song they played everyone on stage danced and seemed to enjoy it. It was brilliant. Add in the fact that Gnarls Barkley has a great voice, is very good at involving the crowd, and largely made the show extremely entertaining and you have a hit. Check out some of the photos from the show.

Anyway…I’ll probably put up another post about the weekend hockey adventures soon…and how unbelievably dark it is here…but that will have to wait for another day. Take care and keep your eyes and ears peeled for more updates.

A little over 6 weeks and I’ll be home for Christmas.

Bruce

p.s...check out this link http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/ I think you might like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home