Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Glasgow 2007 part 1

Well, it’s been a long time since I last updated this blog. Its not that I don’t want to write in my blog, but I’ve been really busy and just haven’t found the time to take care of such matters as writing in my blog. Also, it would be very likely that I have had the chance to visit with most of you over the holidays and so much of what I’ll be putting in this blog will likely be repetitive.

My last entry was the 20th of November and since then I’ve had a lot happen. The end of my term at school was busy. I had an evaluation from my tutor on the 7th of December and did quite well on it. My paperwork had improved so he was pleased. I submitted all my paperwork on the 11th and let me tell you in was a huge binder full of lesson plans that was due. Thank goodness I had been staying on top of my work. My school was also very supportive and sent me off with one last great day. The 8th of December was our Christmas fair and it was a combination craft sale and games day. The kids all loved it. The school was a huge mess with glitter everywhere. The kids also all left with a heap of chocolate. After the Christmas fair the head teacher hosted a mulled wine and mince meat pies afternoon for everyone. It was a really nice send off.

Otherwise, I have been reffing hockey. On the weekend of the 9th and 10th of December the Elite league sent me first to Belfast for Saturday night’s game, and then to Edinburgh for Sunday. Oh yeah, don’t forget the fact that the league pays for airfare, hotel, and meals. It was actually very cool. I enjoyed the weekend immensely. After the game on the 10th I said my farewells to the boys over in Scotland and wished them all the best because I was going to flying to Canada on the 12th…but hockey will be resuming in January and the Elite league and the SNL look to have me booked almost every weekend.

The 11th of December, saw me turning in my work to the university, but it was also a night out for my PETL team. The ladies in my group booked this really nice restaurant out in the west end of the city and it was a really good evening. Everyone kept the whole thing pretty sensible because it was a Monday night, but it was a lot of fun. I’m looking forward to going back to university and seeing all them again because they are a fun group of ladies.



On the 12th I flew back to Canada and left the pouring rain behind for a few weeks. I left at about 6 am, in wind and rain, with about a half dozen other Canadian students. We were all very excited about the prospect of going home. However, since the rest of them were all girls they seemed it hard to believe that I had everything I needed in a mere backpack. Yup, I didn’t check a single bag. Thank goodness because it just slows you down. I arrived home and was greeted by my mother, brother George, and my sister Emily. It was good to be home, even it did feel a little bizarre.

Kristy and Erin Kendel, Angela, Lisa

The next couple of days, up to the 18th, was mostly trying to get used to the time change once again, and a chance to catch up with my friends and family. I was disappointed that I forgot to bring my skates back with me because I missed the ref vs. Liney game at Carleton. George played in the game, I ‘coached’, and it was a good chance to catch up with the guys of the ODHA. I was also able to get mot of my Christmas shopping done…so I was actually done early for a change.

I’ll be sure to recap the rest of my activities in a bit…but this post is getting a little long so I’ll put the rest of my holidays adventures up another day.


I hope everyone has had a safe and happy holiday season. I wish you all the best in 2007 and if you get a chance be sure to drop me a line so I can stay up to date on where everyone is and what they are up to.

That's all from Scotland for now,

Bruce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home