Saturday, February 10, 2007

The winter blahs

My life has settled down and I’m back into the routine of going to university and getting on with what it is I need to do…and what has happened is that I’ve got the winter blahs. We don’t see the sun much, classes can be quite dull, and even on weekends I’m very busy. So…the blahs have set in, but life is still pretty interesting.

Last Friday we had a beach party in our flat. Rob was given a placement school in Wick…8 hours north of Glasgow, so we decided that we would throw him a farewell party. We themed the party and it was a huge hit. We called the ‘beach party’ because we all miss the sun so much and wish it would come back…sadly it didn’t…but we had a great time. So much fun. Check out a few of the photos.





Saturday morning I had to get up early for my flight to Belfast. So, up at 5am, at the airport by 6am…flying by 7am…and in Belfast at the airport by 8:30am. I had the chance to see a bit more of Belfast than the last time and parts of it are very pretty. Other parts still show signs of bombings…but generally it’s a nice place. Check out some of the photos and let me know.

I arrived home on Sunday and had a few hours to myself before I was off to Edinburgh and the pro game there. Let me tell you, by the time the game ended on Sunday night I was pretty beat. I also got my schedule for February and as it turns out I’m going to get a chance to ref the SNL on this Saturday night (Feb. 3rd). I’m pretty excited because I have always preferred to ref…and the money is a little better. I’m a little frightened that the players won’t take me seriously, but I’m sure once I get at it I’ll figure it out.

Otherwise, I start my placement at a Nursery school on Friday. I’m a little frightened that the wee children are going to be too much for me to handle. I sure hope not.

That’s all for now…keep posted…more to come shortly.




I thought I might share a few pictures of things around where I live. They aren't all pretty, but they are close and pretty recognizable landmarks.




City hall in Glasgow The big shopping Where I shop for groceries.


mall near where I live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home